Skip to content
Join us for the workshop on the 11th of March
- We start off look at the new curriculum in English. Udir
- Produce different texts in collaboration with others, reflecting on global challenges
- Use a blog as a means to share your work and your students’
- Use Padlet
- Use Skype. (Skype in the classroom)
- Twitter as a tool for educators
- Example here.
- Democracy and Citizenship, looking at studying in English speaking countries. Reflecting on our role as a citizen of the global community
- Can you create value in the world?
- Do we need to get rid of our phones?
- How to detect fake news
- Study abroad
- Deeper learning, and how to interact through the use of digital tools in informal and formal contexts
- Deeper learning and the digital revolution
- New pedagogy for deeper learning
- Close reading
- Surviving poverty and homelessness
- Locally and globally, reflect on global challenges
- The Kiva project
- Fake news, how can students in different parts of the world learn from each other?
- Fake news travels faster
- Reflection and where do we go from here?
- Share your comments, concerns, and questions here.
Extra links and suggestions for teaching
- Padlet, an example to use in class.
- Twitter, you probably have an account, if not go here. TweetDeck is my choice.
- Blog, I use WordPress, start your blog here. Good advice “Starting or reflecting on a blog” Doug Peterson. Enter The Student Blogging Challenge. How to introduce this in class.
- Visualize where your visitors are from with Clustrmaps or Revolvermap
- Want to find schools to work with – try Quadblogging
- Make a presentation here MySimpleShow
- Hashtags to follow; #teacher flippedclassroom, #SkypeClassroom, #mysteryskype
More examples of use in the classroom
- Be more dog Why change?
- BBC Click School report
- BBC News
- Peace one day at Sandvika high school
- Scottish referendum Google hangout conversation, start watching at 9:46
- Scoop.it Indigenous people Australia.
- Want to sign up to Skype with another school?
- Twitter – sign up, my name: annmic, Tweetdeck
Oslo on Monday
Yes, but where exactly in Oslo and at what time? Thanks.
Is this the Cappelen Damm’s workshop? I am on for the 26th.
It’s the one by Utdanningsforbundet at Lærerenes hus
Reblogged this on Connected Teaching and Learning.