- To gain knowledge about American history from the civil war to the present.
Places to visit:
- HippoCampus browse the different sections
- Teaching the civil war with technology also look at wiki!
- Go to PBS and find videos and articles. Like this one
- about the Cuba crisis.
- This is another good place for historical videos! Howstuffworks?
- History.com has a lot of good history videos.
- Let the students on their own look at this simple multiple-choice test of basic history knowledge. (remember to erase the answers!)
- Then let them work in pairs with the computer. How long does it take to find all the answers?
- Watch the movie and do the quiz!
- Play this game and see how much money you win!
Note: These activities have been found at Larry Ferlazzo’s website. You can find a lot more there! Thanks Larry!