- To learn about the history of the African-Americans and to understand how it was possible for Barak Obama to be elected as the 44th president of the United States!
Websites to visit:
- Early years “the new south”
- Brown vs. the board of education
- The rise of Black Power
- Watch the videos about Rosa Parks
- Look at these short segments of Black history moment
- In groups of 3 use this discussion guide about Martin Luther King
- In groups of 3 look at this presentation and do some research about the slides. Find some info here! Then present it for the rest of the class.
- Enter the interactive timeline and write a short summary of what you think are the most important events
- Read this article in the New York Times about Martin Luther King winning the Nobel peace price. Write a post on you blog about this event.
Categories: Useful links