- To learn about Great Britain‘s role in history from the First World War to the present time
- Look at this PowerPoint presentation
- Make a time line of history from 1914 – 2007 using xtimeline – look at example here!
- Look at BBC documentary here:ww1 world war one troops and fighting.
- Look at the picture “the mule track” by Nash. Look at letters he wrote in 1914. Explain the writer’s mood.
- The independence of India – Mahatma Gandhi.
- World War 2 – the battle of Britain The battle of Britain part 1
- Churchill’s great speech part 1, part 2, part 3
- I also think you should look at this official website of The British Monarchy
- Use one of the periods mentioned above and write a commentary on your blog: Use the headline: Great Britain’s important role in world history
- Make a glogster of one of the periods
- Pictures play a major role in history. Find an artist and explain the pictures in the historical context. (Like Nash)
- Poetry plays a major role in history. Find a poet and describe a poem in an historical context. Rubert Brook, The soldier. (Yeats 1939, Auden) Analysis of poem here.