- Students should be able to explain the political institutions in Britain.
- Know what the House of Lords do
- Know what the MP’s do
- Know the work of the prime minister
- The black Rod, who is he and what does he do?
- Use this PowerPoint to explain.
- Watch this video from about The Black Rod look at video beneath
- Use this virtual tour of the parliament. Parliament and government.
- Take virtual tours of the parliament chamber of Lords what do they do?
- Take a virtual tour of the House of Commons
- An interview with the speaker of the House of Commons
- Watch live tv from Parliament.
- Watch this movie explaining the general election
- A select committee, what do they do?
- You’ve got the power.
- Watch this movie, Democracy? You Decide
- Gordon Brown in Parliament see how they debate.
- Read this blog “lords of the blogs“, and write a comment on your own blog, call it: The lords are blogging, my views.
- Visit the web-pages of the Labour party, the Conservative party and the Liberal democrats
- Write a summary of the topics above on your blog
- Prepare a 3 minute talk about the topic
- Write an article about what you find on the parties’ blogs, what are the main issues today?