Image via Wikipedia
Robert Frost was born in San Francisco in 1874. The winner of four Pulitzer Prizes and countless other honors, he has remained one of America’s most celebrated Modernist poets… Listen here. The nature of New England. Listen to poets, choose from the list of poets like: Seamus Heaney, W.H. Auden, Ezra Pound, Dylan Thomas and William Butler Yeats, Siegfried Sassoon, Rupert Brooke, Philip Larkin, Carl Sandberg. I also recommend the writers almanac. with Garrison Keillor. Listen to the show here.
Listen to the poem “The Soldier” by Rupert Brook.
- Form groups of 3
- Each group choose two poets from list above
- Choose 2 poems – with 2 different themes (nature, love, death, war) try to connect the two poets/poems
- Write a documentary about each poet, country, time, background. (to use on you PP. point 8!
- Explain the poems, analyze and explain. ( you might look here!)
- Use expressions like: Words, sounds and phrases as a device used by the poets. Repetitions of sounds and effects created.
- What is the mood of each poem? How does the poet get his mood across?
- Make a Power Point presentation to show the rest of the class it should include all mentioned above
- Individually write a paper on two poems from your chosen poets! Use “analyze poetry” – tips here!
- Write a blog entry on your blog. Pretend to be a member of a poet group. Choose one poem and write a recommendation for the poem of the week.
- Use poetry rubric. poetry-rubric
- Use blog rubruc. blog-rubric