Microsoft’s Bing search engine has taken off ever since it was infused with ChatGPT. The new Bing with ChatGPT now has over 100 million daily active users and the AI chatbot has been integrated into everything from Edge browser to Microsoft’s Swiftkey keyboard. It’s not even limited to chats anymore — Bing Image Creator is now one of the more popular AI image generators out there.
Microsoft has announced some new upgrades for Bing and Edge that use a new AI-powered technology based on OpenAI1. This technology is more advanced than ChatGPT and is customized for search1. Some of the new features are:
- Actions in Bing and Edge: Plugins for Bing with ChatGPT that allow third-party developers to add functionality to the chatbot, such as booking flights, ordering food, or playing games2.
- Bing Chat history and export features: Users can view their previous conversations with Bing Chat and export them to other apps or devices2.
- User interface upgrades: Users can customize the appearance of Bing Chat, such as changing the theme, font, or avatar2.
- OpenTable: You can use this plugin to find and reserve a table at a restaurant directly from Bing Chat23.
- Wolfram|Alpha: You can use this plugin to get answers to complex questions or calculations from Bing Chat21.
- Microsoft Math Solver: You can use this plugin to solve math problems or learn math concepts from Bing Chat2.
The new user interface for Bing Chat lets you customize the appearance of the chatbot, such as changing the theme, font, or avatar1. You can also see image and video results in the chat window4. To access these settings, you can click on the gear icon on the top right corner of Bing Chat.
PS. the picture used here was created by Bing Image Creator