We will be working on the following competence aims for English VG1 programmes for general studies
The aims of the studies are to enable pupils to
- Evaluate and use different situations, working methods and learning strategies to further develop one’s English-language skills
- Evaluate own progress in learning English
- Evaluate different digital resources and other aids critically and independently, and use them in own language learning
In groups of 4 read the three competence aims above and discuss what they mean to you. How can you improve your English? How can you avoid grammar mistakes and how can you work on your vocabulary? What is a good way to work on your pronunciation? How do you prefer to work in English class? How can you show your teachers that you master all three goals? Try out the different websites suggested here and write an article on your blog where you reflect on your learning. Include thoughts and insight from the rest of your group.
- The study zone
- The political world
- Many smart places to visit here:
- Grammarly – try the free version of this software to help you in your writing
- Add a grammar extension to your web-browser. Grammarly, Web Grammar checker
Add your own software – websites, anything that can help you in your learning and write about it to share with your class.
Categories: Lesson plans