Youtube teacher is a new YouTube channel launched September 21 by YouTube itself. The purpose of YouTube Teachers is to inform teachers about the many ways that they can use videos in their classrooms. YouTube Teacher features video-based lesson plan suggestions, suggested playlists for a variety of content areas, and suggestions for creating your own videos with students like this set of “choose your own adventure” videos. Text copied from: Technology for teachers.
They also offer a list of 10 ways to use Youtube in the classroom and I have an abbreviated version here:
10 Ways to use YouTube in the Classroom:
- Spark Lively Discussions, engage students by showing a video relevant to their lives
- Organize your content. Playlist is a series of videos you put together in a specific order and they don’t have to be videos you uploaded,
- Archive your work. Capture and save projects and discussions so you can refer back to them year after year, and you can assign old videos to your new students.
- Let students dig deeper into a subject by creating a playlist of videos related to a given concept
- Get struggling students up to speed, and push strong students ahead. Students can review videos at home time and spend as much time as they need
- Review for upcoming exams .Turn test review and flashcards into easy-to-watch videos.
- Create a YouTube center in your classroom. When working in stations or centers, have students use your YouTube channel to complete an assignment.
- Create quizzes to accompany videos for instant feedback.
- Create Interactive Video Quests. Use YouTube annotations to create “Choose your own adventure” style video quests. View an example now.
- Flip your classroom. If your students watch a video of the basic concepts at home you can focus in class on applying those concepts, working collaboratively with their classmates rather than simply listening to you lecture