[cnnvideo url=’http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2011/05/01/sot.obama.bin.laden.dead.cnn’ inline=’true’]
Imagine you are attending this press conference and have a deadline to write about this historic event. Look at these useful points on how to write a newspaper article. Since most people don’t read the entire newspaper article all the way through, the opening paragraph is very important.
- Write a newspaper article and post in on your blog. Use the points below.
A typical newspaper article contains five parts:
- Headline: a short attention-gettting statement about the event
- Byline: this tells who wrote the story
- Lead paragraph: This has all the who, what, when, where why and how in it.
- Explanation: The writes must decide what other facts or details the reader might want to know. This section can also include direct quotes
- Additional information: This part can include information about a similar event.