Sandvika high school in Norway is entering this challenge for the 2nd time. Two years ago two of our students won two different categories. I copied this from The Edublogger site: This challenge is all about having fun, improving blogging and reflective writing skills, and building readership and connections with a global audience.
What is the Student Blogging Challenge?
- The Student Blogging Challenge runs twice yearly. A new Challenge starts March and September, each year.
- It is made up of a series of 10 weekly tasks all designed to improve blogging and commenting skills while connecting students with a global audience.
- Starts mid-September – but registration is happening now
- The Challenge is open to both class blogs and to individual student bloggers from all over the world and of all ages – blogs doesn’t need to be hosted by Edublogs to participate!
- Participants can complete as many of the tasks as they like and in any order
- The Student Blogging Challenge is coordinated by Sue Wyatt, Sue Waters and Ronnie Burt.
- Teachers – register your class blogs here
- Students – register your individual blogs here
Thanks Ann for writing this post and advertising the challenge for us. So far, as at the beginning of September, we have 203 students ranging from 7-33 years old and from 10 countries. We also have 76 classes from 10 countries registered.
I am thinking about entering my class blog in the challenge this year. I am new to blogging, as are my students. Would you recommend this challenge for 3rd graders?