- To learn about international conflicts involving the USA
- From 9/11 to Iraq. Analyze the conflict
- How can you contribute?
Pre movie ativites:
- Watch one or both movies, clips will do if little time, Lions for lambs.
- Why we fight, documentary Use this guide
- Watch this talk Robert Redford’s character has with his student. Interesting monologue about choices. “The decisions you make now, can’t be changed, it will take years and years of hard work to redo it. No life guard is watching you anymore, you are on your own. The decisions you make are yours alone, from here an til the end. Discuss the role students can play in shaping their own future,
- America needs to do more. The students in this movie try to get others involved.
Answer these questions on your blog:
- Lions for Lambs is a 2007 American drama film about the connection between a platoon of United States soldiers in Afghanistan, a U.S. senator, a reporter, and a California college professor. Explain how they are connected and what the soldiers are doing in Afghanistan?
- The professor asks Todd to get involved. What can he do?
- Is there a connection between social conditions, the welfare state and US involvement in wars?
- What is the current opinion of the American people regarding US engagement in wars.