I was just reminded of CNN Student News. It is a quick way to get up to speed on news, mostly in the USA. it is a ten-minute, commercial-free, daily news program designed for middle and high school classes. CNN 10 is an on-demand digital news show ideal for explanation seekers on the go or in the classroom. .
CNN Student News has done a brand refresh and is now CNN 10. It’s still is a ten-minute, commercial-free, news program appropriate for most kids in grades 6-12, but now with a new look!
- Listen to news and learn more about these topics!
- Be able to remember and understand!
January 12, 2023
This Thursday, we examine a stop of all domestic planes following a system outage. What caused the shutdown and what were the ripple effects? We then look to California were residents across the state are recovering from deadly storms that brought area rainfall totals 400% to 600% above average. What is an atmospheric river and what does it mean for the state in the days ahead? And finally, we’ll look at research on social media and its potential impact on teens.
- Watch video underneath and answer the questions below;
- Which story did you find the most interesting? Why?
- If you had to tell your friend about one of these stories, which one would it be? Why?
- After watching today’s video, what are you wondering?
- Which of the stories surprised you? What was surprising about it?
- In one word, how do you feel after watching today’s video?
- Which story do you think we’ll learn more about in a future episode? What do you think will happen?
- In what ways does this video relate to something we’ve learned in class this year?
- In what ways does this video relate to a news story that we saw earlier in the year?
- In what ways does this video help us understand one of our essential themes?