Teaching how to fight fake news
Try all the ways to search and check sources below and write a short commentary about the user experience and if you would recommend using this when writing an assignment.
- Do a reverse image search by uploading a picture to Google’s Image Search at images.google.com and find out more information about the picture.
- Perform a reverse image search on any picture at tineye.com
- Then sort the results by various criteria.
- And compare the results to your original image to see what has been changed.
- Search tool from Google to search for fact checks on any topic.
- Or browse recent fact checks.
- Content provided by journalists and researchers.
- Tap the three dots on any search result, click the “more about this page” link to:
- Learn about the source to get a sense of how they describe themselves, in their own words
- Learn what others on the web have said about a site, to get a second look
- Learn additional context about the topic, like top news coverage, to see what a range of sources have to say.