This week we will be working with the following competency goals:
Elaborate on and discuss a number of international and global challenges
- Analyse, elaborate on and discuss at least one lengthy literary work and one film
- Use and communicate information based on figures and statistics
- Present technical material orally, in writing, or in the form of composite texts
- Use language appropriate to the situation in social, professional and intercultural contexts
- Use digital tools in an independent, critical and creative manner in the gathering of information, and in the communication and presentation of his or her own material
- Give an account of and evaluate the use of sources
- Reflect on how cultural differences and dissimilar value systems can affect communication
- Watch the movie “Last Call at the Oasis“
- Write a text on your blog where you if possible include all of the the competency goals mentioned above
- Look at your post about the movie Erin Brockovich, what has been her job since the case described in the movie. and what is her role in the movie “the last call at the oasis”
- There are examples from the US and Australia in the movie, what do we know about South Africa? Include the conversation with the students in SA.
- Have you learned anything from comments you have had on your blog?
- Discuss what watching films can teach you about global challenges