What can we learn from Finland?
Food for thought…. it’s clear that early intervention is a key part of the philosophy there, and that the entire community of educators rallies around kids to make sure they get the attention they need at all levels. Source: MindShift.
Some reasons for success: (read more here)
- THERE ARE NO PRIVATE SCHOOLS.
- ALL ADMINISTRATORS HAVE WORKED AS TEACHERS.
- THEY DON’T FOCUS ON TESTS.
- TEACHING IS A REVERED PROFESSION. “The teaching profession is one of the most famous careers in Finland, so young people want to become teachers,”
- THEY INTEGRATE FOREIGN STUDENTS.