Watch the clip and write about the case on your blog. How is it possible for one person to make a significant difference in so many people’s lives? Look at the facts below and do your research online. Call your post redemption day and explain the title!
- elaborate on and discuss a number of international and global challenges
- analyse, elaborate on and discuss at least one lengthy literary work and one film
- present technical material orally, in writing, or in the form of composite texts
Erin Brockovich’s work on a cancer cluster in the California desert town of Hinkley led to a lawsuit, and later a Hollywood movie. Erin Brockovich-Ellis (born June 22, 1960) is an American legal clerk and environmental activist who, despite the lack of a formal law school education, or any legal education, was instrumental in constructing a case against the Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) of California in 1993. Read this article to find out more about the trial. What should we believe?
Click here or on the picture to see the clip.
After watching this clip and writing about Erin it is time to watch the movie.
Discussion in class:
- Was the case described in the move as you had expected?
- Did you ever imagine it would be that difficult?
- Write a letter to the residents of Hinkley explaining the science behind their problems. See facts for that here: Erin_Brockovich_Oxidation_Formative_Assessment
This clip was made using dragontape.. Great way to use different Youtube clips in one.
Categories: Lesson plans