Assessing students’ communication skills
In Norway the students get two grades in the class called “International English”assessing the students communicative skills is one! The curriculum goals are: Employ a nuanced, well developed vocabulary – for both general and specialized use, discuss lengthy discourses on general and specialized subjects and use language appropriate to the situation in a social, professional and intercultural contexts.
Assessing all the students during class can be difficult and creating your own radio show online is an inspiring way to share content with the teacher and the students in class. Speaker allows you to host a Live Internet Radio Show, anywhere, anytime, with just a couple of clicks! It’s the easiest way to create and share Audio On-line.
- Speaker is an online application for creating and sharing live audio content across the Internet. It’s very easy to create any kind of radio show – since everything can be made on-line with a DJ console which allows real-time mixing of voice, music and sound effects. (see picture)
- Speaker allows you to broadcast LIVE on Facebook and your audience can interact with you using tools like twitter.
- Music! A selection of Creative Commons music with more than 4.000 tracks is waiting for you. You can also upload your tracks as long as you are OK with broadcast licenses.
- There is nothing to install! Everything is super Easy. Our mixing console is an online (Adobe-Flash based) tool and it works from any computer connected to the Internet.
Application for class:
- Based on a topic chosen from the curriculum goals produce a radio show in groups of 3 or 4.
- Apply roles for the members with these responsibilities: Host, guest, producer and in charge of music and commercials. (can be combined)
- Write a plan for the show and rehearse before recording, chose music that goes well with topic.