Take a look at this 3 minutes presentation on TED. Do you see any areas where you as students could make a splash! In a funny, rapid-fire 4 minutes, Alexis Ohanian of Reddit tells the real-life fable of one humpback whale’s rise to Web stardom. The lesson of Mister Splashy Pants is a shoo-in classic for meme-makers and marketers in the Facebook age.
- Discuss with your friends and come up with some ideas worth fighting for in school or in your community
- Could you agree on a common goal and how would you go about accomplishing it?
- What kind of social media would be best suited for this mission?
- List other causes where Facebook groups or Twitter streams have made a difference
- Write an entry on your blog about Mister Splashy Pants, Reddit, or a cause of your choice