- To learn how to discuss in small groups and hopefully be able to speak in larger groups later
- Divide class in groups of 4, each group with two teams. Team a and team b
- Give these tasks to the groups to discuss. First 7 minutes to research with computer and take notes on paper.
- Close the computers and have a 5 minute discussion staring with 1 minute for each team to present arguments.
- Evaluation – who one? Who had the best arguments?
- Look at the taxonomy for questions that probe reason and evidence. Could you clarify some of your arguments?
Movie to watch:
- The blind side, discuss topic a: African American young men – what are their odds for succeeding in life? Look at school, sport, career, drugs, jail, shootings, gangs?