This year we have read: “The Road” by Cormac McCarthy and “Catcher in the Rye” by JD Salinger.
Salinger’s widow thanks neighbors for guarding husband’s privacy.
The Road: a novel set in an indefinite, futuristic, post-apocalyptic world, a father and his young son make their way through the ruins of a devastated American landscape, struggling to survive and preserve the last remnants of their own humanity.
Post and answer one questions and write on quote from the book you read. Use the links below.
Prepare a book discussion on television:
- In groups of 6 divide the following roles: 2 readers of each book equals 4, one program host and one expert on literature
- Prepare like this and allow at least 15 minutes for the presentation in class:
- Readers of books: find quotations that are important in the book, prepare a presentation on the main characters and if you like the book. A little about the author
- Literature expert, a little about the genre in both books, why you think they are important, how the audience in general feel about the book. (you might want to ask Ingrid at the library!)
- Program host: make good questions about the books to ask the people on the show. (you might also want to ask Ingrid!)