It is the time of the year to inspire and be inspired. Look at this clip of 40 inspirational speeches in 2 minutes.
- To get the most out of the remaining school year, nest semester
- To be able to make a speech in front of the class
- Look at the clip and read the text
- In groups of 3 how many movies do you know how many actors can you name
- In groups of 3 pick out 2 different famous people you admire who are know for great speeches (examples: Barack Obama, Martin Luther King, Kennedy or an actor from a moive)
- Find famous speeches they have held and try to explain techniques they use and why it works
- Read to the class extracts from those speeches
- Write a short speech to inspire your fellow students to work harder in school next year 2 minutes!
Related articles by Zemanta
- 4 Ways to Give a Speech
- How to prepare for your very first speech: “The Ice-Breaker”
- Public Speaking: Thinking before Speaking
- Get to the point
- Ex-Finland leader accepts Nobel Peace Prize
- Historic times