Be sure to read background material
- First settlement to Queen Elisabeth
- Celtic inhabitants – the celtic invasion – the Romans – the Anglo Saxons- the Vikings
- The early history.
- The Norman invasion – The Magna Carta. (Robin Hood) The age of contrasts – the Renaissance.
- Shakespeare. Henry VIII, The movie. The other Boleyn girl.
- Queen Elisabeth 1st coronation, speech to the people.
- And the civil war to the first world war. James 1, Civil war. Guy Fawkes, the commonwealth and restoration.
- The British empire. For an overview look at timeline from BBC.
Day two from civil war to First World War:
- Divide class into groups of 3
- Each group gets 1 topics From the civil war to the first world war
- Look at these videos for clues:
- The revolution
- Florence Nightingale
- Nelson and the battle at Trafalgar
- Interactive map of the battle at Trafalgar
- Queen Victoria’s love for Albert
- The gunpowder plot
- Scottish history part 1 King James, Great Britain.