In December, the busiest month of the year, I signed up for the the course “Social Media Classroom” by Howard Rheingold. I was made aware of this online course on Facebook by Arne Krokan a professor at NTNU, the university in Trondheim. He wrote: If you want to learn how to use social media effectively, you should participate in this course by Howard Rheingold. I can guarantee a great return on your efforts! Challenge accepted and here I go!
The learning objectives:
In this brief introductory course, the diligent student will:
- Understand the origins of intellectual augmentation
- Be introduced to internal and external tools for managing information flows
- Be introduced to the theory and practice of tuning and feeding personal learning networks through curation tools and practices
- Be introduced to the interdisciplinary study of cooperation and collective action
My first homework is as follows:
1. I created an information dashboard using netvibes and have started with two tabs. One for RSS feeds of my favourite blogs to read, and also my del-icio-us bookmarks and my Twitter feeds. The other tab has search engines set up to search for information about my school. That is advice I found in the book “What School Leaders Need to Know About Digital Technologies and Social Media“. I posted a screen-capture of my dashboard below. 2. I created a twitter paper based on the following topics; the following hashtags. #plpnetwork #educon, #vflr, and some additional single twitter users I enjoy reading.
3. Reflecting on this process involves thinking about what kind of information I am seeking and what kind of tools I can use. When I started working with this I realized that I need a mental and social strategy on how I am going to deploy my attention. I started off by searching information I think is relevant to me, but I have not till now been able to filter the information. My RSS feed has 851 new articles and it is clear to me that it is only a stress factor to subscribe to that many posts without filtering. I need to work on where my attention is when building these tools. I need to decide what I want to pay attention to and when. Only then will I be able to find the appropriate tools to use to move the information to a place where if needed my attention can use it later! Information overload usually means that you do not find anything at all.
О выпуске акций. Акции могут выпускаться только акционерными обществами: как закрытыми, так и открытыми http://vk.com/kupon_na_skidku_kupivip_ianvar купон на скидку kupivip январь