Have you ever wished you could create a video just by typing a few words? Imagine being able to turn your blog posts, stories, or scripts into engaging and realistic videos with minimal effort. Sounds too good to be true, right?
Well, not anymore. Thanks to the advances in artificial intelligence and deep learning, there is a new toolkit that can help you do just that. It’s called Video Generator AI, and it’s a powerful and easy-to-use tool that can generate high-quality videos from text prompts.
Read this article for answers to these questions:
- Can I turn text into video?
- What are the AI tools that turn text into video?
- How do I make a video from text?
Instant Videos Could Represent the Next Leap in A.I. Technology
A start-up in New York is among a group of companies working on systems that can produce short videos based on a few words typed into a computer.
Ian Sansavera, a software architect at a New York start-up called Runway AI, typed a short description of what he wanted to see in a video. “A tranquil river in the forest,” he wrote.
Less than two minutes later, an experimental internet service generated a short video of a tranquil river in a forest. The river’s running water glistened in the sun as it cut between trees and ferns, turned a corner and splashed gently over rocks. Source: The New York Times.
Video Generator AI uses GANs to create videos from text prompts in three steps:
1. Text analysis: The toolkit analyzes the text prompt and extracts the main keywords, topics, and sentiments. It also identifies the genre, style, and tone of the text, as well as the intended audience and purpose.
2. Video synthesis: The toolkit uses the text analysis to generate a video script, which consists of a sequence of scenes, shots, and transitions. Each scene contains a description of the setting, characters, actions, and dialogues. The toolkit then uses GANs to synthesize realistic images or videos for each scene, based on the description and the text analysis.
3. Video editing: The toolkit uses the video script and the synthesized images or videos to edit the final video. It adds sound effects, music, voice-overs, subtitles, and other elements to enhance the quality and coherence of the video.
Video Generator AI is designed to be user-friendly and customizable. You can adjust various parameters and settings to control the length, resolution, frame rate, aspect ratio, and format of the video. You can also choose from different themes, templates, filters, and effects to suit your preferences and needs. You can preview the video at any stage and make changes as you wish.
While powerful AI chatbots like ChatGPT and Google Bard are powered by large language models, image and video synthesis using AI are built on Diffusion and GAN models. All of these are part of the popular Generative AI experience. Source: Beebom
The best AI video generator that you can use right now is Runway Gen-2. Earlier, Runway had introduced video-to-video generation with Gen-1, and now with the Gen-2 model, you can generate video using text prompts from scratch. Similar to Midjourney prompts, you can describe the scene, camera angles, etc., and it produces incredible results. I tried some prompts on Runway, and it did a decent job.
The best part is that you can add an image to your prompt, and Runway can use the image in the video. That’s pretty cool, right? Coming to availability, well, it’s almost free to use. You can generate up to 4 seconds of videos in 720p resolution and you can create almost 10 free videos.
If you choose to get the paid plan ($12 per month), you can export the videos in 4K, however, the 4-sec duration will remain the same. So if you want to try the best text-to-video AI tool, check out Runway Gen-2.
Check out Runway Gen-2 (Free, Paid plan starts at $12 per month)
VideoCrafter is an AI toolkit to create video from text prompts, and it has been developed by Tencent. Unlike other AI video generation models, it can create videos of up to 8 seconds and supports different resolutions as well.
There are three different ways to use VideoCrafter. You can use text-to-video generation, personalized AI video generation using LoRA, and controllable video generation. All three modes let you create AI videos from scratch. You can run VideoCrafter locally on your machine if you have a powerful GPU with at least 7GB VRAM. However, there is a Hugging Face demo available online, which you can try below.
Check out VideoCrafter (Free)