Agenda for the 19th of November 2018
Heggen videregående skole, Troms fylkeskommune
In this workshop, teachers should bring their own computers to be able to test the different examples presented.
- Using blogging as a tool to work on writing skills and as a means to connect.
- Padlet as a way to collaborate and get feedback, another alternative is Talkwall
- Office 365 alternatively Google drive to write and share documents, see examples in the book
- Itslearning, peer review and the use of competency-based learning using standards and rubrics. Examples of how to assess the blogs.
- Using video to assess students’ assignments.
- Preparing your students for future employment, and what to know when you want to study abroad.
Lesson plan, how to
- Padlet, an example to use in class.
- Twitter, you probably have an account, if not go here. TweetDeck is my choice.
- Blog, I use WordPress, start your blog here. Good advice “Starting or reflecting on a blog” Doug Peterson. Enter The Student Blogging Challenge. How to introduce this in class.
- Visualize where your visitors are from with Clustrmaps or Revolvermap
- Want to find schools to work with – try Quadblogging
- Make a presentation here MySimpleShow
- Hashtags to follow; #teacher flippedclassroom, #SkypeClassroom, #mysteryskype
Examples of projects for your students
- How to spot fake news. Have your students comment on the Padlet and on the students’ blogs.
- Global challenges – climate change. Sharing their opinion on global warming and the climate. Have your students comment on the Padlet and on the students’ blogs
- Join the Kiva project and discuss challenges with starting up businesses in different parts of the world
More examples of use in the classroom
- Be more dog Why change?
- BBC Click School report
- BBC News
- Skype in the classroom
- Peace one day at Sandvika high school
- Scottish referendum Google hangout conversation, start watching at 9:46
- Scoop.it Indigenous people Australia.
- Want to sign up to Skype with another school?
- Twitter – sign up, my name: annmic, Tweetdeck
- How technology is helping me learn, join the survey!
- Use of competency goals
Share your questions, concerns, and insight here