Donald Trump, Seen From Europe
“Donald Trump’s strident xenophobic rhetoric, and blatant contempt for and verbal abuse of those who oppose him, are warning signs of a real danger facing the Republican Party and American democracy“. DAN DONOVAN Dungarvan, Ireland
- Who are the candidates this year? Look at this web page at New York Times and write a short list of the most famous candidates this year on your blog.
- Do the 2016 Presidential Election quiz. Write on your blog which 2016 Presidential candidate you side with according to this quiz.
- Choose one of the popular issues here and write about the difference between states and parties on that issue.
- Watch the videos below and write a post on your blog where you discuss the statement above. Could Donald Trump have been a candidate in Europe? Write 3 sentences on why you could/could not vote for Donald Trump.
- Choose 2 republicans and 2 democrats to follow on Twitter and share some of their best tweets about the election, explain your choices.
- What are the images for the democratic and republican party? Explain their significance.
- How many delegates do the candidates need? Read the Delegate Tracker here.
- Read 2 newspapers’ coverages of the US on the election and write a short paragraph on how they portray the different candidates. Explain your choice of newspapers. Use PressReader.
- If I was an American I would be to vote for…………. Write a short paragraph explaining your choice.