Preparing for the Midterm Elections
Pre study activity:
- Read the article the Great American Tune Out.
- Read Midterm Congressional elections explained: Why the president’s party typically loses
- Job Description of a US Senator
- Job Description of a Congressman
- Job Description of a Governor
Videos to watch:
In-depth look at the midterm elections
Watch the first 1.30 minute of the CNN Student news
In groups of 3 make a Kahoot for your class. One on the Senator’s role, one on the Congressman’s role, on the Governor’s role and one on the midterm elections in general.
- Cover this competence aim: Using information based on numbers and statistics to communicate about social issues. Use the statistics found here and make a 1 minute presentation based on the numbers found. Use any of the examples.
- Find a senator candidate you think you could vote for and write about him/her on your blog! Title: why I would support…..Find out what they write on twitter using this list.