This month, the U.S. Department of Education kicked off Connected Educator Month, with engaging keynotes, panel discussions, book chats, and more. During this month, educators in the U.S. and globally will have opportunities to connect themselves and their communities, online and in-person, to support their professional practice. In this article in Edutopia we find the following advice. Look at these 6 points and give yourself a score! How far have you come and how far are you willing to go?
1) Be Able to Define What It Means to Be a Connected Educator
2) Be Knowledgeable about Web 2.0
3) Be Willing to Join a Social Media Network
4) Become a Blogger
5) Be Reflective and Reach Out
I would like to add one point here:
5) Join Twitter and find educational hashtags that suit your need!
If you don’t know what that means I suggest you download this Connected Educator Starter Kit and get started!
The best of luck and hope to see you online soon!