PBS Teacher is a great site for resources and lesson plans for teachers. It is divided into different sections and you can search for your agegroup. In the K12 there is a lot of material for use in class. You have to sign up to get the full use of the resources and become a PBS teacher.
Antonio Neves explores changes in the newspaper business, how stories are covered and delivered and the changes in economic models to secure their existence.
- Lesson Plan: Newspapers in the Digital Age (Social Studies)
- Lesson Plan: Newspapers in the Digital Age (Language Arts)
- Describe what is happening to newspapers in the U.S. that is driving their transformation to more digital technology.
- Compare newspaper redesigns in print and newspaper distribution electronically. Is the quality of the news affected? Why or why not?
- Explain a micro-news site.