- Discuss social and cultural conditions and values from a number of English-speaking countries
- Express him/herself in writing and orally in a varied, differentiated and precise manner, with good progression and coherence
- Take the initiative to begin, end and keep a conversation going
- In groups of 4 start by choosing 2 different countries. (Usa, Uk, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Lesotho)
- Look up the words social and cultural conditions and values, use the online dictionary of your choice
- Use sticky notes and start by making questions about the country you have chosen, 2 and 2 work together (use the question formulation technique) See questions below.
- Start researching your questions
- Use this rubric in your preparation
- When discussing in group tape the discussion with SpeakerOnlineRadio or QuickVoice for Windows or iPhone.
Produce Your Questions
• Ask as many questions as you can.
• Do not stop to discuss, judge, or answer the questions.
• Write down every question exactly as it is stated.
• Change any statement into a question.
Improve Your Questions
• Categorize the questions as closed- or open-ended.
• Name the advantages and disadvantages of each type of question.
• Change questions from one type to another.
Prioritize the Questions
• Choose your three most important questions.
• Why did you choose these three as the most important?
Categories: Lesson plans