It is truly the resolution of the new year. To teach students how to master the skills they will need in their future occupations. And also to remember what an impact a teacher has on the students. Look at this video and be inspired! Taylor Mali.
I’m tempted to quote Tony Wagner from Harvard university. He gives this list for the seven survival skills for careers, colleges and citizenship
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Collaboration across networks and leading by influence
- Agility and adaptability
- Initiative and entrepreneurialsm
- Effective oral and written communication
- Accessing and analyzing informatin
- Curiosity and imagination
The question is do we need to use the computer to be able to master these skills? The answer I think is yes and no. And the solution? To use computers together with co-operative learning. Look here for tips on co-learning! Students working together using new technology. That will be my goal this year. To fully master both!
Related articles by Zemanta
Categories: Between teaching and fun